“Thank you so much for recording our event. With all the other things I need to handle it's comforting to know that all I have to do is make a call or email and everything is taken care of.”
Tim Niederkorn, OMEA District 7 President
“We are really pleased with the sound and artwork on our CD.”John Huffman, Waverly High School
Our engineers are currently available throughout the country.
COPYRIGHTS AND LICENSING
Our Recording and Production package includes: Up to two hours of on-location digital stereo recording, three hours of studio post production, and 3 hours of full-color CD packaging designed by our in-house graphic artist (includes program, students names, and photo, if provided), CD-duplication, fund-raising order forms and materials, six complimentary CDs (5 for directors, 1 for library), and very importantly, the processing and payment of mechanical licenses for all copyrighted materials performed on your CD. Simply choose your delivery method below, and order only the amount of CDs you need. For CD / DVD Program click here!
- PROGRAM 1: You purchase CDs and sell them, with our help, to your patrons. Place your order with Soundwaves after you have determined the total amount of sales and order only the amount of CDs you need, or order extras to sell at future performances or through your newsletter, etc. We can provide sales forms, on-line ordering (see example here), and our student sales contest to help you reach your goals. See pricing in below.
No recorrding fee for orders of 75 or more CDs! Your profits begin with sales of 100 units total.
Recording fee of $475 for orders of 40 to 59 CDs, $375 for orders of 60 to 74 CDs.
Full color on-disc printing, four panel glossy cardboard wallet CDs
click to enlarge image
|Total Quantity of CDs ordered||Your Cost per CD||Your Profit
Based on $17 Retail per CD
||$475.00 Fee, No Profit
||$375.00 Fee, No Profit
||No fee, No Profit (you 'break even')
||earn $2.00 ea. / $200.00 to $248.00
||earn $3.00 ea. / $375.00 to $447.00
||earn $4.00 ea. / $600.00 to $796.00
||earn $6.00 ea. / $1200.00 to $1794.00
||earn $8.00 ea. / $2400.00 to $3192.00
||earn $9.00 ea. / $3600.00 to $4491.00
||earn $10.00 ea. / $5000.00 to $5990.00
||earn $11.00 ea. / $6600.00 to $11,000.00
- PROGRAM 2: Soundwaves sells & mails directly to your patrons.
Have Soundwaves take orders at your concert and mail the CDs directly to your patrons. No money is collected at the concert; invoices and CDs will be sent individually to those who order. Cost is $17.00 ea + $4 shipping for any quantity.
Or combine these two programs if you want some discounted bulk sales and some sent directly to patrons.
- Compilation Recordings - Your recording can be a compilation of two or more concerts or sessions to produce a “best of” or “audio yearbook” collection of the year’s recordings.
- Extra Sessions - Extra two hour recording sessions including studio mix & mastering and sample CD are $475.
- Multi-track recording - Excellent for large ensembles. More channels gives our engineers more options when creating the final mix. Up to 16 trks add $150 / 24 trks add $200.
- Additional Studio or On-Location Time - billed at $68 per hour. ($17 per quarter hour.)
- Reorders - Always available. Add reorder quantity to your original order quantity to find your accumulated total, then see chart above to find your new and possibly lower price for CD reorders.
- Double CD - add $5.00 for each CD.
Printable Recording Program Brochure - pdf
COPYRIGHTS & LICENSING
For more than 20 years Soundwaves has been an industry leader in promoting, obtaining and paying all copyright and mechanical licenses as required by law when recording copyrighted material. We keep the process legal, protecting you from copyright violations that occur when making CDs without obtaining licenses.
Soundwaves will process the paperwork and pay all fees involved in obtaining MECHANICAL LICENSES FOR COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. We ask that you simply provide the names of the composer, arranger and publisher for each piece being recorded (except for pieces in the “public domain”
WHY Record with SOUNDWAVES?
- TEACHING and AUDITION TOOL - Your CD can be a great teaching tool. You and your students can listen to and analyze your own performances. They'll be able to hear the subtleties of tone, balance, and other musical principles you've been teaching. The process of professionally recording your group with Soundwaves can elevate the caliber of your members’ musicianship, enhance their confidence and self-esteem, and add excitement to their music studies. You can use your great sounding CDs for auditions or to enter contests or auditions for conferences, etc.
- PROFESSIONAL GRAPHICS - Our in-house graphics artist will design and layout your CD packaging. We can take care of the design completely or work from a program, photo or artwork supplied by you. All CDs have direct on-disc printing and 4-panel full cardboard wallets. Proofs can be emailed to you for approval or editing at no charge.
- EASY FUND-RAISING PROGRAM - Your CDs can serve as a new and easy fund-raiser.Unlike other fund-raisers, it is not necessary for each member to sell dozens of items. Your group can generate profits with just one, two, or three sales per member! (See our Cost and Profit Schedule). To promote sales, we supply customized order forms referring to your specific fundraising need. Soundwaves also provides cash awards to top sellers.
- NO UNSOLD CDS! - We will help you maximize sales in several ways. Place your order after you determine your group's total sales. Order only the amount you need, no “left overs” (30 minimum).
- NO UPFRONT COSTS! - Purchase only what you pre-sell, no payment until delivery.
- LIFE-LONG KEEPSAKE - You will be creating a lifetime keepsake for your members and their families. You and your members have worked hard preparing pieces for your choir or band performance. We can capture your music in a pristine quality recording that will raise funds for your group and be a life-long keepsake for you, your members and your audiences. Please call or e-mail for more information, references, testimonials, or to schedule a recording.